2/17/12

A Lofty Goal


It's that time of year again, when all our good intentions for the New Year start to fall by the wayside! I think it starts with all the treats we make for the Valentine school parties. And then we have neighbors we dump the leftover cupcakes on. Our loves think they need to give us chocolates. Plus, we catch the inevitable cold the kids brought home from school. It's really a downward spiral, isn't it?

I, however, have beat this trend. I have opted not to even start my New Years Resolution until now. There is no way I can fail if I haven't even started, can I? So what is my resolution?






This --->









I want to hike to the top of this mountain ~ which is in my back yard! And I want to enjoy it! So I need to be in better shape than I am now. The plan is to get my elliptical machine moving. So far I haven't. And once the snow melts, start running  jogging, hiking and  enjoying the many trails around me. By posting this for the world to see, I am committed.

Now as a smaller goal, I also plan on walking in our area's Walk MS. I have done this for a few years now. And I do it to share the commitment and power of the fundraiser with my children. I show to them that I will always make a difference and work for my own health as well as others dealing with the challenges of MS. I have been living with this debilitating disease for over 16 years now and am so grateful for the health and strength I have. Plus it's a lot of fun!

If you would like to make a contribution in my behalf, I would be forever grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks, Y'all for sharing your thoughts! I'm love'n hear'n from ya!