9/26/12

The Tack

Welcome to the tack shed! I just know you folks were thinking how much you love that old smell of worn leather. Man, I love the smell of it in here. I don't want to keep it all to myself, so I thought I would give you a little look-see before we pack it all up for the winter. 
 It looks as if there have been some others who think it's a pretty neat spot! These nest have been here for awhile. 

The staff has been oiling up the saddles and getting them all ready to be stored for the winter. This is our last week of guests and this group isn't riding. 

So I guess I wasn't being quite honest about the number of cowboy boots I have! Na, they aren't mine. We rent these to the guests for the week. Kind of reminds me of a bowling alley. Only you need a helmet if you're under 18 and we aren't tossing balls at pins, so I guess it really doesn't! 

Hanging the cinches out to dry.  

This is where they go. On the wall next to the bridles and harnesses. 

Why yes, those are cow bells! We put them around the necks of the horses who might like to hide from the wranglers in the morning when they go fetch them off the mountain. I think it's a good way to make sure that a few of the horses are humbled and humiliated by their peers. I love the sound of it when they run past the house in the morning. Although I have been known to dream of cows a lot! 

And all the hats are hung. 
 It's been a good season! Thanks for stop'n by!

 

7 comments:

  1. I bet it does smell amazing in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my positive addictions is the smells of leather in quality boot and shoe stores. Also shoe repair shops. But my nose actually twitched when I saw these pictures. Great shots. You must be getting very comfortable with your new camera. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the boots as hanging pots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love this post I have never been in a tack room and it is awesome. I have only been in a barn full of our cows and they do not have any of those cool bells around their neck I would like that.
    Great shots. B

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the smell of tack. That's a lot of boots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sound of cow bells!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no idea what tack smells like -- but I do love your your photos~ Thanks so much for sharing at Rural Thursdays.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, Y'all for sharing your thoughts! I'm love'n hear'n from ya!