3/26/13

For the Record

Nancy from A Rural Journal asked for the recipe, in whole. So here it is.

~~~~
Muesli
By Emma from @clean_eating_addict (on Instagram)

3-4 cups oats
2 handfuls roughly chopped nuts and seeds
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice mix
- Enough organic maple syrup to just moisten your mix (about 2 Tablespoons)
- Bake on a lined baking tray in a 170 -180 degree F oven

Make sure to keep your eye on it while it bakes and take out of the oven every 4-5 minutes to stir.

Once it's turned nice and golden take out of oven and stir through about 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut and a handful of chopped dried fruit.
~~~~

I didn't have pumpkin pies spice so I improvised. I also tend to not use measuring equipment very often. (That's why I call it the Accidental Cookbook!)

I once worked with a dear sweet Navajo woman who measured by the palmful. Her fry bread was to die for. Sadly, she did not share that with me. But she made me mixes of it for Christmas and birthdays.

I have a curry recipe that I will share another time that I have made so much that I don't measure. I know what a tablespoon of curry looks like in my hand. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks, Y'all for sharing your thoughts! I'm love'n hear'n from ya!