2/23/12

Hey, Hay! My Jeans and Things

I am so thrilled. Just thrilled. Why you ask? Well, let me tell you! I can fit into my skinny jeans again! Oops, my City Girl is showing! Sorry about that!

Ok, really! So they're not the smallest pair in the lot (yet). And the... um... Assets might still be a bit more curvy than they were a few years back. But I'm not complaining one bit! Plus, I can tuck my jeans into my boots again! And frankly I even think that's cute with work boots. But let me tell you, City Girl was not expecting this little rancher's lesson.

When you carry hay from the barn to the troff, lots of little bits of sharp, pointy, prickly, itchy, well, you get the idea, hay fall from your arms. Downward. To the ground. Around your boots. And some of that sweet smelling nourishment for the Grumpy Old Men Good Ol' Boys will fall into the boots that looked so darling just moments ago. And if it's cold, as it is here, and if the boots have a fuzzy lining, which you need here, that hay will never come out of the boots again!

Now this was a lesson that took me some time to figure out. In fact, I was in the barn yard when I realized that there was so much hay in my boots from previous feedings that I feared I wouldn't be able to walk! Ok, not really, but, hey. (Laughing at myself.... probably the only one.)



So, after giving the boots a mean beating, I'll stick to boot cut jeans while feeding the ponies. Unfortunately they don't make any that actually fit over my boots. But ya know? I don't really think the horses care all that much what I look like. Just so long as they don't have to wait for breakfast too long. And besides, there isn't another person to see me for quite a ways off. So what's the point anyway?

Now, don't even let me start with hay and the wind! And my hair is big and curly.... yeah, lets not even go there!

3 comments:

  1. You were born to write this blog. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dad! And thanks for reading it! I wouldn't have anyone if I didn't have you!

      Delete
    2. It's fun hearing how you are doing!

      Delete

Thanks, Y'all for sharing your thoughts! I'm love'n hear'n from ya!