5/28/12

Happy Memorial Day! But Summer? Really? I Don't Think So!

Cold and cloudy Memorial Day
here on the Mountain
I keep hearing on Facebook and such, that this wonderful weekend is the mark of the first day of Summer!  With announcements of BBQ's and beach trips. Well, I would like to correct that crazy line of thinking! First of all, My kids have 4 more days of school, count them! 1. 2. 3. 4.

We are in the midst of the scramble to get science fair boards done. Personally, I think the parents should get the grades on these!

Second, Summer? Yesterday it Snowed ALL Day!! All DAY! Ok, it's melting off fast. But there is still a pile of snow under the windows and along the roof lines. And it's still only 40 degrees outside! Do we need to count those too? I didn't think so!


But really, I do want to say, Happy Memorial Day to the wonderful men and women who have served and continue to serve this beautiful country! I am so grateful for your sacrifices. I am grateful for the sacrifice your families make when you leave. What an amazing group of people you are and you make me proud. Proud to be an American.

Proud to represent the "Purple Mountains Majesty" part of our patriotism. Have a wonderful Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks, Y'all for sharing your thoughts! I'm love'n hear'n from ya!