7/9/12

Being Kreativ


As I mentioned before, I have been graced with the Kreativ Blogger Award from Bev at Black Ink Paperie. I'm sure this is because of my own creative spelling errors that I showcase on my blog. Here is how it all works. 

The requirements:

1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog.
2. Answer 7 questions about yourself.
3. Provide 10 random factoids about yourself.
4. Hand the award to 7 deserving others

Bev, here is a Haiku just for you. Enjoy.

Thank you for the complement 
It is an honor.

Now, the Q&A. The questions were provided by Robin From Thoughts and Reflections. Robin tagged me in 11 Questions and I haven't had time to participate, so I'm adding her to the fun! Thanks Robin! 

1. If you could go back to any year of your life, what would it be and why?
I guess I would say, at this point in my life, the year my husband and I taught English in Japan. That was a nice year because it was just us back then. We were young and I haven't gotten to go back to Japan since.

2. Are you still friends with your best friend from High School?
Yes, it's the beauty of the Internet hard at work. I am very lucky to have fiends who, after not seeing each other for ages, can feel as if no time has past when together. That being said, these people are saints to put up with someone like me!

3. Is your spouse or significant other good at buying you gifts?
Yes, he has very good taste! But he works so much that he doesn't have time to shop, so mostly I get stuff from the resort's gift shop. It's really a win/win. I get a new sweatshirt and he gets a walking advertisement! Of course I could bring up the thermos I got as an anniversary gift... It was the "keep liquid hot" year... Which ever that is! Luckily for him, I make up for his lack, in my ability to shop.

4. If you could only take ONE thing (other than your children) from your home during some horrific, catastrophic disaster, what would it be?
Emergency preparedness is very important to us. We have 72 hour kits, large amounts of food storage and extensive first aid kits. But I've heard once, by someone who has had to evacuate a home in the night, that what they needed was their shoes. They recommended keeping a set of shoes in a bag on the doorknob of each bedroom. We can never find matching sets of shoes in this house. This is actually something I have lead awake at night and worried about, "where are the shoes? And would we be able to find them in time?"

5. When you retire, what is your ideal plan for the rest of your life? or will you ever retire?


"some beach, somewhere..."

6. If you could have any vehicle, regardless of price, what would it be?
Such a car does not exist. It seats at least seven, has loads of cargo room, is all wheel drive, runs on trash... Oh, I know! The time machine from Back To The Future! Not the first one, the one that runs on trash! That's it! But with all the above things...

7. Do you prefer the beach and sunshine or Mountains and snow?
The beach and sunshine. And yet I live here in the mountains where the winter is by far the longer season. But I learned to SCUBA dive while living in the Rockies and I've always loved the ocean. Don't get me wrong! I love it here, but if here was also a deserted island… you get the idea. 

10 Random Factoids +1
1. I live on a guest ranch. 
2. In the mountains.
3. Very far away from anywhere.
4. The guest ranch was started in the summer of 1930, they had one guest from NY that summer.
5. People come to ride horses, hike, fish and swim in our 80 year old pool. And hey, just because it's old and was probably dug by a shovel, doesn't mean squat! It's awesome!
6. We have 31 horses.
7. That's the only kind of animals we have...
8. Other than a really old dog who can't hear a darn thing and uses it to his advantage to not do what we want him to do and a really old cat who spends his time sleeping, meowing so loudly that it will wake the dead in the Indian grave yard across the field and puking.
9. But we do have an employee who has a dog and a horse, and another who has 2 horses and two dogs, and another who has 2 dogs and 4 horses and a pet magpie.
10. All but 3 of our employees live here on property with us but all six of the said horses we keep here, and 2 of the 5 dogs, and the magpie.
11. Wait, the employees don't live WITH us, but in the employee cabins here on property.…

And now that you have endured all this… 
On to the winners! 

In no particular order:

Now please go visit these dear bloggers, they are lovely. 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for acknowledging my little blog. As a rookie blogger I appreciate the positive feedback ... heck, I'm happy because this confirms that at least one person is reading my blog ;) Thanks again - have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for thinking of me. I will do the duties soon. Oh, and I am glad I could help out with the questions and I love your answers. It's cool to get to know fellow bloggers more....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristen,

    Oh my Goodness, no OMGsh because I haven't been that good today. Thank you so much for the award and I'll visit all the blogs you mentioned on your post. I hope I do this right. I've only been listed in LDS blogs until they limited them to Word Press and then now Sugardoodle and I do receive readers from the site. Never a peep with comments though, except occasionally my children and happily from you.--Well, I did get a review in Europe and it made me crack-up. A dear lady and very well-known blogger and journalist slightly mentioned my blog and title. She described me as a bit warped and quite interesting writing style. Ha! I knew that! Thank you...you really made my day and I appreciate it more than you know. I supposed just haven't known about "link parties" and sounds like fun. How did that past me by? Hope your summer becomes cooler and again thank you! I'm so grateful! --SusanLaz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the award! My apologies for taking so dang long to reciprocate! The ranch you live on sounds so cool! I might have to come visit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, Y'all for sharing your thoughts! I'm love'n hear'n from ya!